Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

Sail & Rigging - Spinnaker pool mast connections
29 December 2014 - 23:40

Spinnaker pool mast connections
Dear All,
Happy New Year!

It is my understanding that all S&S Swans were originally delivered with two spinnaker pools?

On Four Winds as I bought it earlier this year there are two different type of spinnaker pool connections on the mast as shown on the two pictures. (There is only one pool left which fits the lower type. )

Questions:
What type was the original spinnaker pool connections?
What are the benefits of having two different types? if any

Fair Winds from Four Winds,
Bjorn

30 December 2014 - 05:26

Dear Bjorn
Yes, two poles was standard.
The lower bell type fitting is original, the upper one probably an old Sparcraft. Would suggest that both pole connections should be the same, so both poles fit
Happy New Year!
Lars

17 November 2015 - 15:05

We have 2 different fittings as well as one of the original pots exploded during a reach at 30 kots of wind; one original and one harken; harken came closest with a match on the boom. Is there a way to get original pot (via mold or machinist) as also for the harken a delrin cilinder was to be made to fit.

16 February 2017 - 23:11

I have two spare original pots, if anyone wants them.  Also one original pole, which is knackered, but still has a good inboard fitting.

Get in touch if you want them (for the price of the postage)

20 February 2017 - 16:27

I have two spare original pots, if anyone wants them.  Also one original pole, which is knackered, but still has a good inboard fitting.

Get in touch if you want them (for the price of the postage)

Hi! I'm certainly interested! I'm located in the city of Breda, the Netherlands.

So far, with best regards,

Aernoud.

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0