Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Rendez-vous and Regattas - Porto Cervo 2016
17 December 2015 - 12:14

Porto Cervo 2016
I had a note from ClubSwan that the next World's is to be run under ORC - rather than IRC. This surprised me as I though that most European Swans ( at least in the UK) were rated under IRC. Having just spent a lot of time optimizing my IRC rating I am not thrilled by this news. Where do other European/ S&S owners stand? Is it simple/cheap to switch from one to the other? I have tried contacting ClubSwan for help - but with no success.

What's the view about this?

Thanks,

Nicholas Millard ( Swan 44- Rosy Pelican)

17 December 2015 - 13:21

Dear Nick and all S& S Swan Owners,

The decision to move on to ORC, after the success of the S&S Swan Rendez Vous in Elba, last June, has been made after the 26 boats got their ORC certificates, with minimal hassle by the owners, thanks to the cooperation of "Professor" Lars Strom, and ORC Chief Measurer Nicola Sironi.

Submitting an IRC certificate is enough, and new sails are going to be measured the same way in IRC and ORC, as agreed last November.

And a valid certificate will be issued when the 2016 ORC program will become operational, at the beginning of the year.

Anyway, Nicola Sironi (nicola@orc.org) and Paolo (paolo@orc.org) are very helpful and friendly, do not hesitate to contact them in case you have any question!

Fair winds!

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0