Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - What is this pipe for?
23 February 2012 - 06:48

From forward to backward's seacock's 1. Toilet outlet 2. Toilet inlet 3. Discharge electric Blige pomp (cabin behind chart table) 4. Drainage of spinnaker pole port (cabin behind chart table) 5. Drainage of spinnaker pole starboard (under cupboard) 6. Drainage of sink in kitchen 7. Inlet salt water tap ( now engine cooling) 8. Inlet engine cooling 9. Drainage Of cockpit port 10. Drainage of cockpit starboard 11. Drainage of gasbun and i think two hoses from the battery box 12. Aft of the cockpit drainage seacock port ( Will Find out what it is used for) 13. Aft of the cockpit drainage seacock starboard ( Will Find out what it is used for) Sorry only 13 on Swanic !!

I am asking only out of curiosity: what are the "spinnaker pole" drains discussed here - what am I missing? These do not make any sense to me.

Thanks,

Geoff, Corazon, 411 #41

23 February 2012 - 07:26

Dear Geoff,

the S&S Swan 38 is the only Swan which has special designed recesses for the spinnaker poles (see photo below) and water goes very easily from the deck to this recess, so there are drains to discahrge this water to the sea.

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 822
  • Online Members: 0