Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 41 pushpit design
03 March 2012 - 12:37

Swan 41 pushpit design

Hi everyone, especially Lars

Following a major collision in the Para river ( We were anchored and were run down at night by a large barge, this is a story in itself) my 41 is in Grenada having a lot of work done.

This post actually concerns the pushpit, which was totally destroyed and is being replaced with a new one.

The damaged pushpit was fixed with two removable feet to the toerail port and starboard, and two fixed feet to the aft "toerail" about midway between the centre line and the loop fairleads on the corners. My deck layout drawing shows a quite different arrangement, with the pushpit attached to a sort of extension to the backstay chain plate, and additional side arms attached right aft on the toerail port and starboard.

Lars, what was the original design? The damaged pushpit I think is original as it is in heavier gauge tube than is usually used today. Is an original drawing of the pushpit available?

best regards

Cosmo Little

03 March 2012 - 13:25

Dear Cosmo,

all the drawings are available, unfortunately Nautor is not hgetting them for free..

You can contact them and ask for the drawing, please be prepared to pay an awful sum of money each sheet.

I complained with Nautor about a week ago, they promised to dig more on this matter and let me know, but as far as now they did not, not yet...

I will post news as soon as they will be available

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2