Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 38 110 L Diesel Tank drawings
11 April 2012 - 13:01

Swan 38 110 L Diesel Tank drawings

Dear all,

I need a new diesel fuel tank 110L for my swan 38 (hull # 108)

Does anyone know the dimensions of the 110L tank or have the Nautor  factory drawings in order that I can get a replacement tank made up without having to use  the old tank as template?

Thanks,

Patrick

15 April 2012 - 12:09

Dear Patrick,

Nautor should have all the drawings, but ask a written estimation before buying them, as they do have an official price list, but on the last few weeks different people from the shipyard quoted different prices to people interested in buying original drawings (please see post below " Nautor customer care").

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

16 April 2012 - 11:45

Dear Matteo,
Thank you for your good advice as usual. In the end we got a tank fabricated using the old tank as a template as we did not have time to get old S&S Nautor drawings.
NB We have made an inspection hatch on the other side of the internal baffle so if dirt / the diesel bug gets in to the tank you have access to both sides of the tank to clean. One thing we noticed is that the old fuel pipe from the deck to tank had perished and was starting to block the tank with bits of old rubber. It is quite difficult to replace but worth doing as a matter of routine if you are having to replace the tank. I will post some photos of the new tank when it is finished.
Best regards,
Patrick
Patrick

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 1