Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Thanks to the Professor
07 June 2012 - 18:06

Thanks to the Professor

I want to publicly thank the Professor for his encouragement, support, guidance, patience and gracious and magnanimous sharing of his knowledge over the past year as I worked to get Mabel's Casse Tete ready for the water!  Without the Professor, this boat would still be on the hard and i would probably have given up.  So, although I know that this note can neither reflect my true gratitude nor adequately provide readers an understanding of how valuable the professor's mentoring has been to me and my boys (wife is not quite as interested!), I wanted to make an attempt to state how much I have valued his support.

Thank you, Lars!

Chris

07 June 2012 - 18:44

I cannot but join this aknowledgement although not for a specific reason as Chris´s. I am personally grateful to Lars for his patience in listening to all of us and for contributing with his advices and knowledge. This forum is such a source of unequaled information mainly for his continuous presence! Thank you Lars (and thank you Matteo for contriving it).

Daniel, 411/004

08 June 2012 - 13:04

I would also like to register my appreciation for the help that Lars has provided me with recently both pre and post purchase of our Swan 76, Tigris. Also when looking through the boat's records I was able to see the help that Lars had provided to a previous Captain who was new to Swans. 

The precise answers and the benefit of his and the yard's deep thinking on almost every boat related issue is extremely valuable and really appreciated.

Thank you Lars.

Gavin

08 June 2012 - 16:41

Chris:

That was well said by you, and well deserved by The Professor. I ditto your remarks, with great emphasis and appreciation.

Geoff, Corazon, 411 #41

08 June 2012 - 21:17

Dear All
Thank you very much for your kind words.
As I wrote the other day it brings me satisfaction when I am able to help. Chris is right that we exchanged quite a number of mails about his rudder, but for me it was an easy matter because they were short messages providing answers to his question(s) of the day, and sent at convenient times.
I consider this a very useful hobby, let us continue on this path.
Best regards
Lars

09 June 2012 - 01:29

Like to join in with giving my thanks to the professor for his help over 20 years that I have owned Cygnus. Because he was there when the boat was built he knows all the little things that were done at the time, like techniques and materials used and the reasons why. I just finished replacing the rudder shaft and his help was invaluable.
Pete 040/012

10 June 2012 - 20:51

Dear Friends

last but not least, I can't tell you how much his help was (and is) invaluable and important in organizing the Association's website and the Forum, so, a very special T H A N K S !!!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

11 June 2012 - 17:53

Dear Lars,
I would also like to add my thanks both to you and Matteo. Lars, you for all your wonderful advice both to complex and simple problems. You know these boats inside and out!! It was a great pleasure meeting you.

Matteo, thanks so much for this web site. What a great meeting place and source of information!!

I wish I could join you both and express my appreciation during the visit to Nautor this summer. We are starting our trip to the Caribbean July 10th so I will be a bit tied up. Lars, I will probably be asking you for more advice this year as we do our Atlantic circuit. Regardless I will keep you posted!!!

Sincerely
Mike and the crew of Stormsvale

12 June 2012 - 15:08

Dear Matteo, Thank you for creating and maintaining this site!  I am part now paret of a very importand group for which I am thankful!

17 June 2012 - 10:07

Hi All,

I too would like to express my thanks and appreciation to Lars and Matteo for their support and encouragement.  Lars' knowledge and assistance has been invaluable in getting Firebrand II back on the water and the Forum and Maintenance pages are a fantastic resource.

Thank you
Andrew, Firebrand II (43/041)

06 July 2012 - 16:42

Let me join you all to say thanks to the professor who also helped a lot and with the advise from many of you to sort out our automatic pilot problem on Lianda.
Well done Matteo, such a friendly site,

Marc
Lianda 57/040

• Threads : 1705
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 1