Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - World Rally 2016?
07 February 2013 - 20:05

World Rally 2016?
I have noticed that Oyster Yachts have organised a world rally for their owners. It started in the Caribbean early this year heading through the Panama canal and on from there. They have over 20 participants, fantastic support backup, with some purchasing new boats for the purpose. The organisation looks impressive, and provides an opportunity for would-be circumnavigators who are concerned about piracy, to realistically consider it.

I went to the ClubSwan Reception in London last night and suggested to Leonardo Ferrogamo that Swan should be doing the same. His reply was, "who wants to do this?"
I suspect there are some owners who are looking for this opportunity ( I am, I would like to do it starting 2015/16).

If you are interested, I would be very interested to hear from you. I would then be able to answer his question!

Best regards

Rob. Sarabande. 47/029

16 February 2013 - 00:24

Nice idea and it was a pity we didn't meet up at the reception. Personally I'm not sure that you'd get enough people if I they had to have Swans. Our boat Tigris has recently done the ARC World and I don't think that they were oversubscribed. Could have a Swan trophy, pr and support on the existing long races like the ARC. Gavin

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 1