Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Lars's conference on Classic Swans
17 February 2013 - 08:58

Lars's conference on Classic Swans
Dear S&S Swan Owners and Friends,

this is something which is absolutely worth looking at:

http://www.slideshare.net/SailInFinland/lars-strm-are-older-nautors-swan-yacths-classics

Many thanks to Håkan Mitts, editor of Sail in Finland, for having shared this with us, and many thanks to Lars for his tremendous knowledge and support!

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

A PDF of the slides illustrated on this presentation will be available in a few days for S&S Swan Association Members.

17 February 2013 - 18:28

Dear Matteo and Members
I think it would be appropriate to add some text with the spoken comments to the slides, will do this.
If you have questions pls ask, answers can be included too.
Best regards
Lars

18 February 2013 - 00:58

I found this really fascinating. Lars made it very clear what the contribution of Rod Stephens was in the early days of Nautor. Visits to the factory once a month from New York is impressive.
I didn't know that the boat's hull number was on the top of the mast and Lars reminded me of the sophisticated rig on my Swan 37 which had lenticular rods with no bottles crews and all in line too so the rig could be raked fore and aft.
I am now going to look for the grease nipples on the Blake seacocks which we are servicing before sailing Tigris from Newport RI to Elba this year. Thanks, Gavin

22 February 2013 - 20:04

Lars, what we do without you. Everytime I hear you speak I learn more and more about my S&S Swan.

Thanks

22 February 2013 - 23:49

Dear Lars, thank you very much, your explanations are most interesting and I feel grateful to you for all this,
Matteo, Grampus 47/016

23 February 2013 - 09:18

Dear Friends,

...but this is not the end of the story, please stay in touch, because in a few days there will be an incredible document, printable, on this simposyum, and it will be available only for S&S Swan Association Members...!

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

23 February 2013 - 16:12

Dear Lars,

I could not agree more with the other members comments on this file. We are very lucky to have the wealth of your experience available to us, and of course your generosity to provide it!
I am fascinated with the Trim Screws section of your talk. I think mine were one of the ones to be removed early on. Short of scraping the gelcoat, are there any other measurements or datums we can work from? I have suspected that Sarabande was " low in the stern" and that has been increased by the recent rig switch to carbon. What can I do to check the balance/measurement on the waterline?

Rob. Sarabande 47/029

24 February 2013 - 13:20

Dear Rob
Suggest we ask members if there are 47's with the trim screws left, and whether they would be willing to measure their positions in reference to the boot top, and share the information? As we know, the boot top is accurately located provided it's original.
Screw positions are welcome for all models pls.
Kind regards
Lars

24 February 2013 - 21:36

Dear S&S Swan Association Members,

a PDF file, about 6,1 MB with Lars's slides, and specific added comments, is now ready exclusively for S&S Swan Ass. Members, if you are, please do send me a message (ms@classicswan.org) and I will send it to you

Fair winds!

matteo (38/067 Only You)

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0