Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Possible S&S Gathering Northeast US 2013
08 March 2013 - 07:53

Possible S&S Gathering Northeast US 2013
Hello all -

I'm just fishing for interest in getting some of us together at a spot in the northeast US for a weekend this summer. My boat has been 'trapped' in Lake Michigan until this year. While I very much want to go to Elba, I'm not sure I can go this year due to family commitments, so I wonder if some owners might want to gather in New Harbor on Block Island for a weekend, as a possible destination. If we get four or more boats, we could organize a simple race or two, whether around Block, or to Newport and back, wherever, and of course enjoy some of the island which is lovely, and the company of fellow owners who share a great love and passion for the best boats ever designed and built.

Anyone who is interested, please let me know. I'm personally very flexible for destination and schedule. I have one trip to Nova Scotia to pick up my dinghy from Paul Gartside when it's done, hopefully early June, which for me puts all that coastline in play.

I'd happily sail to wherever it worked for the rest. Getting itchy to sail as the sun is shining nicely lately here and the days are getting longer.

Fair Winds until we meet,

Geoff, Corazon, 411 #41

after arrival in RI last fall, waiting for action

09 March 2013 - 17:12

Geoff, if we had been staying in the US, we would have loved to have joined you on Block Island with Tigris. We had a great time there last summer. As it is we are now deep in planning her trip over to Elba and we will leave at the start of May from Jamestown RI. Gavin

In the Block Island channel. See the depth!

11 March 2013 - 14:36

Hi Geoff,

I am in the process of refurbishing Mabel's Casse Tete and am not sure I can take her out into the ocean yet. There's a lot of work to do and I many not get to the rig this spring. If the meeting place were the Chesapeake Bay, I think I could make it. My plan is to launch in early June...but you may know how plans go.

Chris Mabel's Casse Tete 43/003

13 March 2013 - 03:40

Schedule permitting, I would be interested. 

And if I remember correctly, the Block Island Harbor Master is the proud owner of a Swan 411.

13 March 2013 - 03:47

And Geoff, I will be looking in Jamestown (I think I heard that somewhere).  We are based there as well.

13 March 2013 - 03:55

Schedule permitting, I would be interested. 

And if I remember correctly, the Block Island Harbor Master is the proud owner of a Swan 411.

Oh really - do you know which 411, or what the harbormaster's name is?

In any case, if you're in Jamestown and sailing the waters all around there this summer, we should see a lot of each other and hopefully put this little S&S gathering together, which would be great. Let's see who and what comes of this besides us, and take it from there. Looking forward to it.

Fair Winds,

Geoff, Corazon, 411 #41

13 March 2013 - 08:22

Would love to join in it sounds great ,but am on the West Coast at present.

Is there a possibility of a West coast vs East Coast Event?.

I would be interested and am sure I could get four or five other Swans to have a southern California get together,that could turn into a regatta.
I am in San Pedro ....are there any West Coasters whom could be interested this summer in at least tentatively raising interest?

Thanks
Florence

24 March 2013 - 04:18

Oh really - do you know which 411, or what the harbormaster's name is?

In any case, if you're in Jamestown and sailing the waters all around there this summer, we should see a lot of each other and hopefully put this little S&S gathering together, which would be great. Let's see who and what comes of this besides us, and take it from there. Looking forward to it.

Fair Winds,

Geoff, Corazon, 411 #41

I'm afraid I can't recall either his or his boat's name but I do recall that he's a fairly young guy who loves Swans and talking about Swans.  Are you at JBY this winter?

25 March 2013 - 19:18

I'm afraid I can't recall either his or his boat's name but I do recall that he's a fairly young guy who loves Swans and talking about Swans.  Are you at JBY this winter?

No, I'm at Point Judith Marina, not far away. I've talked to the folks up at JBY several times over the last few years, they've been very helpful with projects I had done out here (in WI). Nice folks.

Fair Winds,

Geoff, Corazon 411 #41

27 March 2013 - 21:56

Hi Geoff,

I will be cruising New England this Summer and am interested in joining.

Alan

Swan 40 #9

28 March 2013 - 23:28

I just received an invitation to a Swan rendez-vous/regatta at the end of July in Jamestown, for what it's worth.

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0