Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - need replace slide liners genoa cars lewmar
12 May 2008 - 13:06

need replace slide liners genoa cars lewmar

hello

I need replace the plastic slide liners to genoa cars,anyone know where I can buy this parts?

regards ricardo

12 May 2008 - 15:47

Great question and thank you for posing it!
I have the same problem in my 411 and never solved it. I hope someone has a good suggestion.
Regards
Daniel, 411/004

14 May 2008 - 22:56

We have a Swan 38, and the replacement Genoa cars that we bought for our track didn't fit with the plastic slides on ... so we've been sailing without the plastic slides in them for about 1 season, and so far haven't had any problems (knock on wood).

What is the purpose of the plastic slides? I'm guessing it is to prevent corrosion between stainless track and aluminum cars. Does it have any other purpose? Does anyone know if it is ok to use cars that have had the plastic slides removed?

-Nathan

s/v Inspiration (38/090)

15 May 2008 - 11:29

hello

in swans 411 the genoa track is stainlees steel and car is bronze,the plastic sliders are to adjust, between genoa car and track and work well  without clearances.besides tha car slide better on the track.

regards ricardo

26 May 2008 - 10:11

Hello everyone!

For genoa cars equipment may I suggest you look at Harken material for T tracks (this is former Barbarossa equipment, page 142 in the french catalogue). They have a standard track which is similar to what we have on our 41, IE a stainless steel 32mm by 6 mm rail, which means that all the accessories they offer should be OK. I have been buying a slider to be able to attach an additional block (part ref B157M), and it works fine with its plastic liner.

I also bought a pair of Lewmar aluminium genoa cars (second hand) and had to take off the liners. They have been working OK for the last six years without noticeable corrosion, but with a lot of "play" one must admit. I take them off during winter.

Kind regards. Philippe

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0