Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - S&S Swan Original names
02 October 2008 - 11:58

S&S Swan Original names
Dear S&S Swan Owner and Friends,

I am now working to build a database, which is going to be published on a S&S Swan dedicated book, scheduled for late 2009 (more news later on this website).

I am looking for all the name given by the first owner as it appears in the original Build Certificate issued by Nautor, any help is appreciated.

Please send your boat's original name to my mail ms@classicswan.org

Looking foreward to hearing from you soon!

Fair Winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

02 October 2008 - 21:56

I am now working to build a database, which is going to be published on a S&S Swan dedicated book, scheduled for late 2009 (more news later on this website).

I am looking for all the name given by the first owner as it appears in the original Build Certificate issued by Nautor, any help is appreciated.

Fair Winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

Hi,

I am the 2nd owner of Swan 40 #36. The first owner being late Gustaf Piehl, Stockholm, Sweden and the name was Sagitta. I bought her in September 1981 and she was renamed to Sunniva V.

Best regards

Leif Hambraeus

12 October 2008 - 20:01

Hi Matteo,

I'm the 3rd owner of the Swan 38/018 orginally named Cygnet.  The 2nd owner changed her name to Cool Change.  I purchased it in 96 and changed the name to Finarrow.  I don't know how she got to the west coast of the USA but the 2nd owner (Dugan Baker) would sail her between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washingtion, USA.  I've moved her 900 miles north to Sitka, Alaska and have sailed mainly in southeast Alaska with one round trip to Hawaii.

Jim

21 October 2008 - 19:33

Hi Matteo,

I was in Irvine & Lilley, who are the Nautor agents on the Hamble, back in the spring. John showed me a schedule of all the original Swan owners, the class of Swan and their dates of commissioning.

I feel sure he would be prepared to share the in formation with you.

Anton

10 November 2008 - 08:46

Fair Winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

Dear Matteo,

I am sorry for this late answer as I was away for some time now. Responding to your requerst:

I am the second Owner of the Swan47 hull Nr. 50. She was purchased by her firts owner Moni Eisel from Austria in June 1980 and she was named "Happy Birthday". This name was selected because her owner celebrated his 60th birthday when he bought her. She was located all the time in Porto Cervo. 20 years later, in March 2000, I bought her from Mr Moni Eisel. The boat was re-christened "Farouche" and sailed from Porto Cervo, Sardinia to Sweden where she is now located. I still have excellent contacts with Mr Moni Eisel, a wonderful person. By the way, he used to be the "Ehrencommodore" of the Austrian Cruising Club.

Cheers/Philippe - Swan 47 "Farouche"

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 822
  • Online Members: 0