Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - gear box failure
22 January 2009 - 11:55

gear box failure
Last season we installed a new 37 hp nanni engine in our swan 38 we also invested in the 4 blade feathering prop (spw)
AT the end of last season could not engage the gears now we have a big problem as to warranty liabilities.
We did check out gear ratios with the prop manufacturers on purchase and were assured everthing would ok,Matteo has your prop been ok?interested in any bodys thoughts on subject
john collins
satisfaction

22 January 2009 - 13:32

Dear John,could you please let me know what is the problem with Nanni Diesel? Guarantee should lasts for two years...

Fair wind!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

25 January 2009 - 10:43

Dear John

Assume the reduction gear came with the engine.

If Nanni declare that the warranty is not valid this means that they consider something in the installation or use to be improper, and the cause of the problem.

In order to provide a comment it would be necessary to know what Nanni claims to be the reason for the failure

Kind regards

Lars

25 January 2009 - 12:46

Lars, I feel I should clarify the situation the gear box has now been returned to Nanni uk agent( there initial verbal comment was that the feathering prop was the reason for the breakdown and that the gear box was not maufactured to cope with such a prop)
I am awaiting for an official reply in writing stating there case.
My delimma is that if it is replaced with the same or something similar will it go again or should I be looking at a hydrolic gear box? I will seek further advice from the spw who manufactured the prop im awaiting to here how "ONLY YOU" prop is doing its the same as mine,many thanks for yours and Mateo interest and comments ,but the warranty question at this stage is not a facture but may well be be before the problem is resolved
regards,
john
satisfaction

25 January 2009 - 13:39

Dear John,

my prop did not give me a single problem, as per Lars suggestion I setted the pitch in order to have 3.000 rpm and everything work just fine

Fair wind

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0