Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - life rafts
25 July 2009 - 14:48

life rafts

I am seeking ideas on best way to stow life raft on Swan 411 - on deck can cluttter her clean look, the previous owner put the raft in the cockpit, but that sacrifices the stbd seat in the cockpit, so it's not ideal either.  I wonder if anyone else has found a creative workable solution?

Thanks,

Geoff

27 July 2009 - 15:17

the best Life Raft solution i have found has been the: VIKING, 6 persons RescYou™ Pro, which fits in the cockpit life raft locker (without the extra food and water required for off shore, which I keep in a special ditch bag in the main cabin with other necessary ditch items), a presto Pippo /411 Naomi

01 August 2009 - 02:57

I am assuming the cockpit locker is under the stbd seat?  The previous owner of my boat tossed the seat cover away, and stowed the Switlik there with hydrostatic release.  I wondered about the nice half round receivers at the base, just like it was meant for a raft - I guess it was!  Problem in my case is the raft is too big, so the cover wouldn't go on over it.  I want to replace the cover, which if I do that, I will look at the raft you recommend.  For the moment, I will keep the Switlik and work to get the cover made, then maybe in the spring switch it all over - Thanks for the help and your post, I appreciate it.

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2