Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - 411 wash down pump?
22 May 2010 - 08:57

411 wash down pump?
Hi all - was looking thru mu purchase survey from last spring for my 411, noticed a comment about a wash down pump that was seen, but not checked because the outlet was capped off.

I do not think it related in any way to the manual foot pumps, because they were evaluated and ok, but who knows. The brief text that refers to the pump seems like it was an electric pump, but in the end, it could be a stray line in a cut and paste job on the report, it could be a lot of things.

There is no hose fitting outlet on the exterior of the boat, and I have not seen anything in the owner's manual or schematics about a wash down system or outside shower. I emailed the surveyor to see if he recalled my boat and where he saw the pump (the report was not specific in this regard) no answer. Now, I expect that soon enough i will go through every nook and cranny, which i have almost but not quite done yet, and find this pump he discussed. Right now it is nothing more than simple curiosity - does anyone with another 411 have a wash down system or know this pump?

Insomnia and boats - what a mix...

Thanks,

Geoff
Corazon, 411 #41

22 May 2010 - 21:23

Geoff

Provided there is a switch for the pump, just put it to ON, and listen where the pump is.

Lars

23 May 2010 - 02:06

Professor:

No such luck - unfortunately. I guess I just wondered if there was a wash down system available as new or option in this boat -

Like I said, just curiosity, I will find that pump one way or the other and let you now what I find.....

Thanks so much,

Geoff

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0