Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Seeking crew member for Atlantic Crossing - Nov 2010.
24 May 2010 - 02:30

Seeking crew member for Atlantic Crossing - Nov 2010.

Hello All:

If anyone is aware of someone looking to sail from Lanzarote to the US Virgin Islands, departing Lanzarote around Nov 17th, I would be interested in making contact with them please. Experience is not essential, though a positive attitude will be. Male or female, 18+ years, but must speak English. Primary expectation is to take watch and sharing in most standard duties for a trans-Atlantic sail. My wife and I (in our mid forties) are looking for assistance. This is not a paid position. Feel free to share my email if someone wished to ask questions - tlotnp@yahoo.com

Alternatively, if anyone has had a positive experience with using a 'recruiting crew' website, I would be keen for details.

Best regards,

Milo

s/y The Last of the Normal People

Swan 47(048)

24 May 2010 - 05:41

Hello All:

If anyone is aware of someone looking to sail from Lanzarote to the US Virgin Islands, departing Lanzarote around Nov 17th, I would be interested in making contact with them please. Experience is not essential, though a positive attitude will be. Male or female, 18+ years, but must speak English. Primary expectation is to take watch and sharing in most standard duties for a trans-Atlantic sail. My wife and I (in our mid forties) are looking for assistance. This is not a paid position. Feel free to share my email if someone wished to ask questions - tlotnp@yahoo.com

Alternatively, if anyone has had a positive experience with using a 'recruiting crew' website, I would be keen for details.

Best regards,

Milo

s/y The Last of the Normal People

Swan 47(048)

Milo,

Would be interested to share this experience with you guys.
Vincent
Hawksbill Swan 38' New York

25 May 2010 - 20:33

Hi Vincent:

That's great. I just sent you an email. I will be in contact in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Milo

27 May 2010 - 22:39

Milo, my experence of crew web sites is DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Last year 3 out of 4 turned up. One was afraid to sail at night, which is a problem if your trying to cross Biscay! One had six months on a yacht but he failed to say the yacht was on land. The other had a degree in Outdoor activites but had only sailed for two weeks.

Beware the CVs

Good luck

01 June 2010 - 22:09

John:

Thanks for the honest comments. Sorry for your experience. Will bear it in mind.

Cheers,

Milo

22 June 2010 - 02:41

I used Ship to Shore in Newport to help me with my delivery when I first purchased my Swan and was very pleased.

http://www.shiptoshoreglobal.com/

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0