Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Fitting GOIOT windows on 411
03 May 2011 - 17:37

Fitting GOIOT windows on 411

Hi, I am considering fitting an additional GOITOT window in the aft cabin to improve the natural light and increase the ventilation. However I need to know the thickness of the layup in the cockpit sides and internal panelling to order the correct window, as they are individually made up.

Has anybody any idea of the thickness?  

John B  

03 May 2011 - 20:27

At my boat, windows to cockpit are identical to sidewindows to deck. Ventilation and light is one thing but would still recommend to carefully consider aestetics in cockpit with the extra windows. Thorbjorn / Ravn 411/36

07 May 2011 - 11:34

Ravn, have you got a picture you could send me of the window especially from the inside as it might be a problem to fit?

Thanks

John B

10 May 2011 - 20:59

Regret only unable to send pictures from here direct to this page.

Please send your e-mail adress to lang.bryggen@yahoo.no and will try resend.

brgds Thorbjorn

11 May 2011 - 22:03

Hi, I am considering fitting an additional GOITOT window in the aft cabin to improve the natural light and increase the ventilation. However I need to know the thickness of the layup in the cockpit sides and internal panelling to order the correct window, as they are individually made up.

Has anybody any idea of the thickness?  

John B  

John.

you may be able to check the thickness of the panel by removing the internal cover over the rear of the instruments. there may be enough gap between one of the instruments and its mounting hole, to take a measurement.

As I recall when I had the instruments out, there was a gap between the internal ply liner and the GRP panel which will need to be allowed for.

Regards.

Paul 411-042

15 May 2011 - 12:21

Guys thanks.

I am looking to fit the window in the cockpit well ,opposite the liferaft locker. The thickness of the construction increases, it seems that a plywood panel has been steamed / bent to go around the front corner section then as it goes aft the panel construction changes.  

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0