Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Bimini for swan 38
15 July 2011 - 09:26

Bimini for swan 38
Hi, my 2 babys needs sun cover, anyone have Bimini on Swan 38? Witch way? Have you Photos?
Thanks

15 July 2011 - 09:31

Sorry for my english... I mean: which way? Thanks, enzo

23 July 2011 - 13:43

Hi Enzo,

I am also planning to install a bimini on my 38, and would have loved to see pics of other, similar installations. I would have thought that the bimini should be made to rest against the back-stay when not in use, as you otherwise might impede movement to/from deck. Also, I should think that the support rods should be attached to the aluminum toe-rail in order not to conflict with sail operations, and also from the point of view of not having to drill more holes in the deck. If I get this done some time this fall I will send you pics.

Kind rgds,

Terje.

26 July 2011 - 13:03

Hi Enzo,

I am also planning to install a bimini on my 38, and would have loved to see pics of other, similar installations. I would have thought that the bimini should be made to rest against the back-stay when not in use, as you otherwise might impede movement to/from deck. Also, I should think that the support rods should be attached to the aluminum toe-rail in order not to conflict with sail operations, and also from the point of view of not having to drill more holes in the deck. If I get this done some time this fall I will send you pics.

Kind rgds,

Terje.

Good afternoon gents,

Attached is a picture of Alexandra, with a bimini I made a few years back. I use the top of the bimini for my 4 flexible solar panels, which provide power for my fridge and water maker.

Hope this helps

31 July 2011 - 07:35

Thanks for your answer, can you send me some more photos?
what appens when you close it?
Enzo

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2