Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Portlight renovation
18 February 2017 - 18:03

When I bought Four Winds 44/014 the ventilation hatches in the aft cabin was changed to some not very nice (Goiot) portlights. It is not hatches and therefore not watertight when used as hatches.

I am desperate searching for some prober hatches in the right size but seems impossible.

The hatches from Atkins & Hoyle are too wide.

The correct size should be: I.D. 352x152 O.D. 391x194

Anyone who have some ideas where to find the right size? Or anyone have some old redundant hatches?

18 February 2017 - 22:36

Dear Navigare

I have the same issue, and found new ones still available from Goiot, but they are asking an outrageous price, so decided to do everything in my possibilities to restore the ones I have

anyway, you could ask Goiot France if they could sell them at a better price. Italian importer of Goiot products (G&G Rigging) behaved very badly with me, and Goiot France do not sell direct to final customer. Maybe you could be more lucky, try to contact them!

fair winds

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

19 February 2017 - 14:32

I have bad experiences with Goiot. In 2015 I bought a hatch (standard size) I had to go through a Spanish dealer (despite I live in France), it took over 10 weeks to deliver, it was incomplete when it arrived, double the price as any other similar hatches and the quality do not match that price difference. Stay away from Goiot is my advice.

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0