Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Interior Lights
20 February 2012 - 08:51

Interior Lights
I am renovating the deck head lights on TIGRIS and wondered whether anyone knows who made or makes them? I am keen if possible to keep to the original lights. See picture attached. Thanks, Gavin

20 February 2012 - 18:39

Hi Gavin

out or my memories I remember that the producer of the light was the company Hella (see www.hellamarine.com) I think they are not longer available. Try www.prebit.de which have wonderful state of the art LED designs or try the danish Cabin lamps www.cabin.dk.

Good luck in finding the right alternative.

Best Regards

Jan

Kalliope 038/85

21 February 2012 - 23:31

Jan, thanks for your reply. I think you might be right about Hella but these lights aren't on their site. As I don't want to replace the headlining, I was keen to refit the same lights. Maybe we could just respray the plastic bezels which look corroded. I know the Cabin range and did have a look at the firm you suggested. Thanks, Gavin

23 February 2012 - 14:21

I am renovating the deck head lights on TIGRIS and wondered whether anyone knows who made or makes them? I am keen if possible to keep to the original lights. See picture attached. Thanks, Gavin

Hi Gavin,

I could get those lamps last year for Lianda, Hella still make them, if you have problem etting those lamps from Hella, let me know, I will research then the people contact at Hella who provide those lamps to me.

I agree with you, let's keep those yachts as original as possible

Marc

24 February 2012 - 15:35

Thanks, I approached Hella on your advice and Markus Fruehwirth has said he will supply the 12 replacement bezels at no charge. Not bad customer service 31 years after they were installed. Gavin

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0