Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan Maintenance - Plumbing Question for 003/43 |
|---|
|
Join Date: 15 April 2011
Posts: 396 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Plumbing Question for 003/43 Dear Members, As mentined in a previous post, I have removed my water tanks and am planning to re-plumb the fresh-water system. I am interested in using PEX tubing with one of the many connection systems; e.g. Sea tech; Whale and Wirsbo. Does anyone have experience with these fittings? The Wirsbo gets great reviews, however, it is not removeable. The quick-connect method seem good, but I might prefer a compression fitting. Thanks for looking, Chris Mabel's Casse Tete 003/43 |
|
Join Date: 16 May 2009
Posts: 252 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
We do PEX systems where I work. I am familiar with Wirsbo. Most of the PEX products are brass. Even though we're talking about the fresh water system, we're on a vessel intended for sea service, and brass is vulnerable. I would steer clear of brass as a material having any meaningful exposure to the salt water environment, in the bilges, etc, myself, and use bronze or stainless or even just plastics. |
|
Join Date: 15 April 2011
Posts: 396 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hi Geoff, Thanks for the reply. I agree - brass has no place on the boat. I am leaning toward all plastic connections: John Guest, Whale and Sea Tech all seem to have a good selection. Chris Mabel's Casse Tete 43/003 |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0
