Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 41 - Question on draft
26 May 2007 - 15:03
#1
Join Date: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9

Swan 41 - Question on draft
Hi all,
I am thinking of going to look for a Swan 41. As we sail mostly on the Dutch IJsselmeer which is not very deep in certain areas and harbours, draft is of some importance. When checking out various websites and articles on the Swan 41 I find stated drafts of 6ft 6in as well as 6ft 9in. As I have read nowhere that there are different keel versions I am now at a loss as to the correct draft.
Can anybody enlighten me?
Many thanks,
Frank

04 June 2007 - 09:45
#2
Join Date: 01 February 2007
Posts: 7

Dear Frank,

My 41 was stationed in Enkhuizen by the former owner. Never heard of any problems with draft. As far as I know, there is 1 version of keel for the 41.

Best regards,

Maurice 41/030

04 June 2007 - 14:08
#3
Join Date: 04 June 2007
Posts: 1

Hi Frank.

Since you are looking for a 41 may i interest you in mine which is up for sale in the U.K. Hull number 058.

You can view her here

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1442304/0

Thanks

Dale

 

07 June 2007 - 17:57
#4
Join Date: 02 February 2007
Posts: 203

Hi all, I am thinking of going to look for a Swan 41. As we sail mostly on the Dutch IJsselmeer which is not very deep in certain areas and harbours, draft is of some importance. When checking out various websites and articles on the Swan 41 I find stated drafts of 6ft 6in as well as 6ft 9in. As I have read nowhere that there are different keel versions I am now at a loss as to the correct draft. Can anybody enlighten me? Many thanks, Frank

I have been measuring the actual draft of our Swan 41: it is around 2,10 meters plus minus a few centimeters. Regards.

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0