Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan Maintenance - Swan 41 door catch |
|---|
|
Join Date: 01 January 2011
Posts: 37 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Swan 41 door catch ![]() ![]() |
|
Join Date: 27 January 2011
Posts: 166 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Hi Andrew, I renovated our three doors last winter and also remarked this. I think the complete mechanism can be removed via the front side, but is it covered with veneer that was added after the lock had been inserted. Christian IF 411/028 |
|
Join Date: 02 January 2008
Posts: 1547 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Andrew and Christian
|
|
Join Date: 01 January 2011
Posts: 37 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Professor and Christian, thank you for your advice. I have made a puller and put quite a lot of pressure on it, far more than I imagine rust could exert on timber, and no sign of movement at all. Did I understand correctly that the only screws retaining the latch are the 2 that also secure the knob and pass through the latch? It seems rather un-Swan like to veneer over either the means of removal or other securing screws. Thanks and best regards, Andrew |
|
Join Date: 02 January 2008
Posts: 1547 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Andrew |
|
Join Date: 05 August 2010
Posts: 177 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
I had the same problem -- here is how the lock came out. The lock, partly pulled out of the door ![]() Clamp construction Here is what it looks like |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0



