Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Interior Hardware 38'
29 October 2013 - 04:15

Interior Hardware 38'
Matteo,

As you know I have been working on the structural beam for a while. I posted a thread a while ago, and I have to say, it is almost back to its original condition. This project went far beyond what I anticipated originally... Time spent, complexity, accessibility, etc....

Then, looking at the overall wear and tear of the interior, together with some touch up and upgrade from the past I decided to go for a complete cohesive interior refit. Varnish, headliner together with new electrical and electronic...
Hawksbill is in pieces as the mess / dust on every single corner of the ship result of hours of sand blasting was absolutely terrible.

We are building coats and coats of varnish to accomplish a nice depth. The final coat when we estimate having enough will be satin. Few part will remain glossy.
I removed every part possible to maximize the aesthetic and finish result and is being done in the varnish shop of the shed where the work is being done. The head will be completely glossy to emphasize the need of superior protection...
When about to remove the door knob of the door, the hardware even after multiple attempts remained stocked...
I really would like to maintain the original design and wonder if you could indicate who was at the time the manufacturer and if by any chance, Nautor would have some spare parts...
I am sure the professor will know about that....
Few attached photographs to attest of the work which is taking place.
Will update as I did mentioned in the previous thread of the progress.
Thanking you in advance for your help.

Vincent / Hawksbill 106/38'

30 October 2013 - 07:37

Dear Vincent
The original door hardware manufacturer went out of business long ago, and it is unlikely that there are spare parts anywhere.
There is, however, similar hardware available, suggest you look at Kwikset and TrioVing, the yard has used these.
Kind regards
Lars

01 November 2013 - 04:56

Professor,

Thank you for your reply and help.

• Threads : 1704
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 3