Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan Maintenance - Maintenance valves Blakes |
|---|
|
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Maintenance valves Blakes ![]() |
|
Join Date: 01 October 2013
Posts: 33 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
So when you assemble these valves - which type grease should be used? We have this valve service in near future. |
|
Join Date: 30 January 2007
Posts: 467 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
I have tried different brands of grease and my conclusion is that, although any marine grade grease will fit, the original product suggested by the manufacturer is indeed the best. I acknowledge that not everybody agrees especially because of its higher cost. |
|
Join Date: 29 January 2007
Posts: 1145 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Giuseppe,
|
|
Join Date: 06 January 2008
Posts: 2 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
During this time my boat is on the ground, and I am personally of small maintenance jobs. Today I cleaned and polished the inner cone of the two valves Blakes. I wanted to share the results with you. ggalizia "Cial II" 41 S & S / 04 Nice job! This year i must to replace the Blakes seacocks, on my 411. Anybody suggest me some reliable alternative to Blakes? The bronze, is always the best? Where can i buy them it in Italy (or on-line) at the best price?
|
|
Join Date: 23 October 2011
Posts: 155 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Nice job! This year i must to replace the Blakes seacocks, on my 411. Anybody suggest me some reliable alternative to Blakes? The bronze, is always the best? Where can i buy them it in Italy (or on-line) at the best price? Thank you all! Carlo
I hope that I will not be condemned for apostasy. |
|
Join Date: 30 January 2007
Posts: 467 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Pardoning is difficult but always possible and desirable. |
|
Join Date: 02 January 2008
Posts: 1547 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Dear Carlo
|
|
Join Date: 23 October 2011
Posts: 155 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
the topic of fire resistance of metal seacocks has been discussed in this thread, too: |
|
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Last week Cial II, was dry in the yard, and I disassembled valves Blakes. Place a hole conditions where after seven months at sea. Now I will clean the same as last year and after putting put the grease. Also place a photo of grease used by me.
|
|
Join Date: 02 February 2007
Posts: 203 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
After 40 years we still have the original Blake bronze sea valves but for the toilet which corroded badly three years ago.
|
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0

