Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Visit to Nautor Swan in Jakobstad
22 February 2016 - 11:58

Visit to Nautor Swan in Jakobstad
Hello,
The last week, on the 18/2, I had the great pleasure of accompanying the Swedish Swan Club for a visit at the Swan factory and different offices in Jakobstad and around. It was very interesting and very rewarding. We saw the ongoing work on an almost finished 115 and that, my friends, was impressive and even humbling. There were also 60S, few 54 in the different stages of fabrication and even the racy 50 in the lamination hall. There were also some Swans in for a total refit.
We were 15 people and were received very diligently and very generously by many Swan employees and managers, especially by the excellent and very sympathetic Sales Director Marcus Jungell.

Pics? Alas, we were told not to take any pictures inside the plants. The nearest I can offer is a pic of the front door!

Best//Philippe
(Farouche 47/050)

25 February 2016 - 08:16

Philippe, I had read in their promotion material that they were doing refit work. Did you get to see the sort of work that they were doing and the particular skills that they have?

25 February 2016 - 09:26

Gavin,
Indeed I have seen two yachts in the refit process and yes they do want to get as much refit project as they can. The man in charge is Robert Holm.

I'll send you you a private met with details.

Cheers//Philippe

25 February 2016 - 09:26

Gavin,
Indeed I have seen two yachts in the refit process and yes they do want to get as much refit project as they can. The man in charge is Robert Holm.

I'll send you you a private met with details.

Cheers//Philippe

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 1