Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Hull cleaning
27 July 2018 - 09:18

Hull cleaning

Hi I was wondering if my swan 38 Ellida,will dry out to scrubbing posts for cleaning ,or will she fall bow/stern down ?  Thanks Bagels

27 July 2018 - 18:27

Dear Bagels

If your yacht floats nicely according to her boot top, she should be able to stand on the bottom of her keel provided she is supported sideways. But, if the seabed is uneven, or there is a strong gust of wind, this could easily upset the narrow equilibrium. 
The recommendation is to tie the yacht securely to the scrubbing posts both sideways and vertically.

Would appreciate to hear about your experiences with this operation.
Kind regards
Lars

30 July 2018 - 17:18

Hi, thanks for your info. I did find a drawing detail of the single point lift which shows the CG to be in the middle of the keel foot print, however this footprint is small and basically Iam too nerverous to give it a try ! just booked the travel hoist. cheers Bagels

30 July 2018 - 22:59

I would be very interested in hearing about your experience doing this too. I would suggest searching YT and the web for others REAL experiences too doing this. Maybe you should contact your insurance company forst , just to make sure you are coverd IF the worst goes wrong.(and get Insurance companys response in wtiting, maybe).  Please post pics/vid when/if you do this .     All the best and prepare :D :D . Yes. sea bottom would need to be stable and maybe checked before hand? 

• Threads : 1702
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 1