Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

Sail & Rigging - pad and bolt eyes plates?
11 February 2020 - 05:38

pad and bolt eyes plates?

I started to repair my boat 411/007, the deck and redesign of the maneuver:

In the cabin there are two "eyebolt" diamond plates on each side of the mast and two pad eyes diamond plates in front of the Genoa winches. I never used them. 

I don't know whether to remove them?

Originally, what use do they have?

I would appreciate the information.

13 February 2020 - 07:26

Dear José

The deck diamond plates are intended as sheeting points for a jib hoisted on the inner forestay
Kind regards

Lars

14 February 2020 - 07:26

Dear José

The deck diamond plates are intended as sheeting points for a jib hoisted on the inner forestay
Kind regards

Lars

Probably more doubts will arise throughout the rehabilitation.

Thanks Lars

03 March 2020 - 06:33

Hi Lars,

I have supported the diamond aft of the bow.. In essence a plate under the deck which  the screws (now bolts) in the diamond are now bolted to. Think sandwich around the deck. This plate which has an eye on it is attached to a turnbuckle attached to the forward bulkhead ... where I keep the anchor chain. Of course as per me... it is overdimensioned. Anyway this should stop the deck where the diamond is from flexing. I plan to attach my Storm jib to the diamond eye. Does this seem reasonable to you and what kind of loads can the diamond eye take?
All the best

Mike

03 March 2020 - 08:36

Mike

Two questions:
Is the turnbuckle in line with the load, and what diameter has the bail on top of the diamond plate?
Kind regards
Lars

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 2