Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Swan 65 lamination plan and mat layer
12 February 2022 - 09:45

Swan 65 lamination plan and mat layer

Dear Lars,

On behalf of my old friends Malingri  who are refitting an old swan 65 it was first known as ADC Accurtac and raced in the second withbread round the world race then coast to coast and now translated 9. They are preparing the boat for the globe ocean race an heritage race of the old withbread.

They are looking for the original lamination plan and other few questions they wrote below. Thank you in advance for your help. 

Filippo Masci Tortuga swan 47

Hi everyone , Im Nico Malingri and with my team we are refitting a Swan 65 , ex Force 9   the 9th of the series . We brought the Hull to fiberglass and we encountered first some layers of Mat that are not well attached to the Hull and we are wondering if it is a later modification from the original. Do you have in any case the lamination plan for this boat ? We was wondering if the first layer in contact to the mold was indeed Mat in the original plans.

Thank you very much

12 February 2022 - 09:57

Dear Filippo,

Malingri contacted me as well. As I explained very clearly, we do all we can to help Owners who are associated.

New Owners of 65/009 expressely refused to join the S&S Swan Association (they asked a secretary to tell me they are not, they do not even bother to reply directly), so, please tell, again, to the Malingris to ask Nautor for the information they need, all plans are available from them.

This Association and this Forum is for S&S Swan Association Members.

Olny to them.

matteo (47/069 Vanessa)

• Threads : 1701
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0