Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Swan 36 bow roll anchor
17 March 2022 - 20:29

Swan 36 bow roll anchor

Dear Forum members,

want to install a bow roller for my anchor but the fairleads are at the wrong place)) See also pic attached. Curious if and how other boats solved this....

Tx

Robert 

20 March 2022 - 13:54

Dear Robert
Bow roller geometry is generally adapted to the type and size of anchor used. Looking at the existing stemhead fitting: 
the starboard vertical plate is extended forward and also made higher..This requires that the chainplate lug is recessed slightly, and the SB sail tack pin is modified so it is not in the way.
The deck plate is extended to SB and forward, and a vertical plate added outboard. The deckplate outboard edge is supported to the stemhead plate.
The fairlead may be moved aft to create more space
Kind regards
Lars

22 March 2022 - 13:03

Dear Forum members,

want to install a bow roller for my anchor but the fairleads are at the wrong place)) See also pic attached. Curious if and how other boats solved this....

Tx

Robert 

Hi Robert,

Please see my solution on Star Swan (swan 40). But It has a problem that I do not know yet how to solve, so be carful.

Recently I made two new fairleads in polished stainless steel, quite expensive but will last forever. The problem is that, as you see in the red line, the anchor chain passes just above the starboard fairlead and when the chain is rolling down or up it oscilates and will touch (Scratch) the fairlead and eventually will destroy it. I suspect that was the reason I did not had a missing fairlead on that place.

Because the chain is align with the fairlead this is a design problem. 

I need to find a solution for that!

Fair winds,

Duarte Champalimaud (Star Swan 40/47)

• Threads : 1698
  • Members: 820
  • Online Members: 0