Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan General - Backstay tensioner Kreuger Mk2 leaking… |
|---|
|
Join Date: 19 January 2025
Posts: 16 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Backstay tensioner Kreuger Mk2 leaking… Hi, My 52 year old Kreuger hydralic backstay tensioner developed a leak in the cylinder shaft after this Swedish winter. To my amazement I found a treasure trove of documentation here on the site on the site of the 44, though I have the 41 it is the same. I have found the corresponding translation of the Parker sealnumbers translated into metrics and these seals can be ordered, as it proves that they are standard bread and butter seals, much like the standards for ballbearings. You can use ballbearings from a Russian old Volga car in Kazakhstan to use in a Land Rover... I will order the parts and I have agreed with my rigger to disassemble the tensioner together, when I get the parts. I will try to take a few photos and can post them. If any of you have any good advice of the procedure, I would be glad to know...
Thanks
|
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0
