Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Leather protectors for the crosspieces
27 March 2026 - 15:45
#1
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26

Leather protectors for the crosspieces

Good evening
I'm writing because I'd like to renew the leather spreader covers on my Swan 41,
and I'd like to recommend a craftsman who has made them for other Swans. Thank you.
ggalizia Cial II 41/04

 

30 March 2026 - 09:33
#2
Join Date: 20 July 2017
Posts: 148

Hi,

We are having our leather protectors on the spreaders replaced this year, too. Our local sailmaker will do them for us.

I think this ahould be a relatively easy task for any skilled person that also looks at other leather works e.g. around the helm. Not too much of a job either, a couple of hours work - although our mast is unstepped every year hence very easy to work on. 

Hope this helps,

Fair winds

Stefan

SY Kairos (57/043)

 

30 March 2026 - 13:56
#3
Join Date: 18 February 2011
Posts: 26

Hi, 
I solved the problem. I contacted a leather craftsman, and it was very simple. Thanks

Fair winds
Giuseppe
Cial II ( 41/04 )

 

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0