Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Neco Autopilot Repair
15 September 2026 - 23:52
#1
Join Date: 06 October 2020
Posts: 6

Neco Autopilot Repair

I’m looking for some help regarding replacing or repairing the NECO electromagnet coil clutch assembly.

After reaching out to Daniele from this forum, he helped me through a series of tests to determine the issue.  While having 12.64V on the brush assembly tips that contact the clutch slip rings, I still had no clutch engagement.  To test the electromagnet clutch an Ohms test was completed, which showed 0L or “infinite”, where it should have shown about 10 ohms.  I’m guessing a coil has burnt. 

If someone has repaired the electromagnet coil clutch or knows of a shop that has repaired NECO’s and the clutch coils let me know.  Open to suggestions, both the original, NECO compass and NECO control unit work fine.

Thanks,

Skip

047/044

  • Threads : 1804
  • Posts : 10761
  • Members: 862
  • Online Members: 0