Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Haato Water Heater
04 October 2008 - 22:18

Haato Water Heater

Hello All,

looking for any suggestions to trouble shoot our recently dysfunctional Haato water heater.  It is the original (I believe) water heater in our S&S 47.  Having difficulty visualizing any specs from the unit, located under the nav station seat.  In fine working order one night, then not the next.  shore power on/off due to electrical outages on land in interim, but all other a/c powered bits are working...

jill

06 October 2008 - 20:32

Jill

One possible reason is air in the heater, the overheating protection will then cut off the power. To remove the air open a hot water faucet wide open for a moment.

If this does not help it is likely to be an electrical malfunction

Lars

07 October 2008 - 00:02

Professor

have opened faucet...to no avail.  owners manual seems to indicate there is a reset switch somewhere on the unit, but I cannot find it (nor the thermostat control it supposedly sits next to).  My next question is....should i just be glad the water heater lasted for nearly 30 years, and research new ones????  If yes... any feedback on good (and bad) choices much appreciated!!

Thanks!

jill

th

07 October 2008 - 18:39

Jill

You are right that the overheating protection may need to be reset, and it sits next to the thermostat.

First unplug the heater cable from the AC outlet

Then open the cover where the cable goes into the heater. Behind the cover the thermostat and protection are found, if tripped the latter is a small protruding pin which needs to be pushed back in.

Put back cover and plug in the heater cable into the AC outlet.

Did this help?

Lars

18 October 2008 - 22:17

Lars

YES!!!  this worked!  Thanks so much for the guidance, once I knew where to look (under a plate) it became so much easier.  15 minutes later, steaming hot water!

thanks again.

jill

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2