Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Seven Swan 47 at the Rendez-vous
15 January 2009 - 14:38

Seven Swan 47 at the Rendez-vous
Dear All,

first of all sorry to everybody, this is not the right place where to post this thread, but I would like as many people as possible to read it.

We have just received the seventh subscription of a S&S Swan 47 to our forthcoming Rendez-vous, in fact these are the subscribed boats:

47/004 DREAM
47/005 BLACK SWAN
47/036 LAZY DUCK
47/041TORTUGA
47/047 AORANGI
47/056 BLACK TIE
47/058 LOLITA

This is not a Swan Rendez-vous, sounds more than a "Swan 47 Rendez-vous"!!!

I think never before, not even at the Swan Cup we did see so many S&S Swan 47!

It's going to be a "Rendez-vous in the Rendez-vous"!

Fair wind to everybody (other 47 are very welcome to participate...)

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

16 January 2009 - 16:51

Dear Matteo!

Well! I must say, should any room of interest on the internet have a strong driver, you must be the obvious choice!! Should anybody want to promote sausages or space shuttles You must be the Man to do the job!! Never have I seen more drive and great enthusiasm than the one you perform! If any of us in the northern region, owning Swans of ANY kind haven’t got the possibility of bringing our boats to this event I am sure that you could find a wonderful Swan where guests could rent a space with ambiance, delightful sailing and great food. Thank you for being the motor in our little club of glass fiber aristocrats!

Many regards

Carsten Overland

“Cygnus Peña”

Swan 47 # 20

16 January 2009 - 17:12

Dear Carsten

that's too much, I don't deserve your marvellous words, the Association has grown over the years thanks to more than 300 Members from all over the world who helped me to build it!

So, I would like to share your kind words with ALL the Association's Members!

Will open soon a new section on this forum: crew wanted/crew offered. Anyway I think 47/047 AORANGI's owner, Jayne, could help some lucky sailors who would like to rent a charming Swan for the Rendez-vous! You can contact her from our home page (click on "market" then "S&S Swan for charter").

Fair wind (and thanks again)

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

16 January 2009 - 17:35

No! Matteo! You deserve every word and thanks! Without you this would just "swim"!

Is Aorangi renting "room" for the event I will sertainly consider to book a bunk. It will be more or less impossible for me to get my 47 to the Med, in time.

Looking forwart to shake your hand!

Many regards

Carsten

24 January 2009 - 15:35

Dear Matteo and ear all,

This message announcing that so many Swan 47 will be taking part in the forthcoming rendez-vous is wonderful, cool and, in the same time, a little sadening for those of us who will not be able to make it to the rendez-vous this time.

However, I think that it is so cool that so many can and will.

Thank you Matteo.

Cheers/Philippe

Swan 47/50 "Farouche"

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0