Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Caution: Normal People approaching Europe
19 May 2009 - 18:26

Caution: Normal People approaching Europe

Hello All:

I quite enjoy the website, though confess it is an odd way to have a friendship. However, I may have the opportunity to meet some of you soon. The wife and I are presently sailing to Gibraltar from the US Virgin Islands. We are coming by way of Bermuda, The Azores, and Portugal (Lagos). Currently, we are in Bermuda. We leave in 24 hours for the Azores. Our adventures may be loosely followed through this website:

http://www.worldcruising.com/arceurope/viewer.aspx

If anyone is passing through Gibraltar in the second half of this year, please email in advance and we can plan on beers. I hope to see many of you very soon.

Cheers,

Milo

s/v The Last of the Normal People

Swan 47(048)

24 May 2009 - 12:35

Hello Milo,

Seen your mail on "our" odd friendship website. How nice to know that you are crossing the big waters. I Hope that you are having a good sailing adventure. I did the same trip on a friend's boat as acrew few years ago. It was fantastic and at times quite tough. Do I understand you right that you will spend time in Gibraltar after arriving to Europe, or just passing through and continuing into the med? I will be delighted to plan for some German beers, not Americans, thank you. Perhaps we can exchange one or two  short messages over the SBB. We could decide of a time and a couple of suitable frequencies for a chat. It would be rather exciting to have a live report about how things are out there on the big waters.

My call sign is SMBJ and my sailmail address is: smbj@sailmail.com
You can also use: philippe.daudi@hik.se

Cheers and keep safe
Philippe (Not easy to be normal these days)
Farouche 47/050

08 June 2009 - 18:27

Hey Philippe:

We are safely in the Azores and leave Saturday for Lagos. Arrival in Gibraltar will be around June 25th and we hope to stay 6 months before either heading up to north France or deep into the Med. Yes, one way or another we will meet for those German beers!

I wish I knew my SSB well enough to plan a call to you. I can receive email on the open water at wdd9900@sailmail.com Also, I was putting a daily log in at the website above. We were 17 days from Bermuda to Azores with a less than complimentary wind. Here's hoping for a smooth run to the mainland. Please email if you (or anyone else) is passing through Gibraltar.

Cheers,

Milo

12 June 2009 - 15:39

Hi Milo,

Welcome to Europe. My answer is in your private mail.

Cheers

Philippe

farouche47/050

• Threads : 1709
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0