Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Swan 41 Running Lights
23 July 2009 - 05:16

Swan 41 Running Lights

Has anyone noticed that the sector angles of the port and starboard Aquasignal series 50 running lights on Swan 41s (and probably any other models where the running lights are installed on the pullpit, are incorrect?

On my boat, and I plan to correct this, the red and green lights are visible from approximately 15 degrees off the bow to 180 degrees off the bow, rather than the required 112.5 degrees. The fault is not in the Aquasignal lights themselves but in the way they are mounted. From head-on the red and green aren't visible at all! 

I plan to replace them with Lopo Light LED running lights on the pushpit and pullpit and add a masthead tri-light/anchor light. The switches will be arranged so that I use the lower running lights when motoring and the masthead tri-light for sailing.

Pleiades

25 July 2009 - 19:34

If anybody has a copy of the original Swan 41 brochure with the pulpit and lights showing clearly I would appreciate very much to share this information with Pleiades. I find it hard to believe that the original installation showed the wrong sectors.

Assume Pleiades will use a white steaming light in addition to the lower running lights when motoring

Kind regards

Lars

• Threads : 1710
  • Members: 822
  • Online Members: 1