Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - 411 hatch seals
21 December 2009 - 22:09

411 hatch seals

Hi.

I need to replace the rubber seals on our forehatch. There seem to be two sections used. one around the coaming that the hatch itself drops on to, and the one across the front edge of the hatch. I have tried to identify the correct section from the illustration on the forum, kindly provided by Carsten in august 08.

Can anyone provide the Nautor ref number of these seals?

Regards.

Paul (411, 042 Hierro.)

25 January 2010 - 20:34

Hi,

I found that water was pouring into my forehatch because the forward seal had perished. It was held in place by a this metal strip, curved, if I remember right, to the shape of the hatch. I simply bought some neoprene foam strip and screwed it all back on again. This has worked well, but a bit has begun to tear after two years' wear.

Cheers

Anthony

29 January 2010 - 17:05

Anthony

Thanks for reply. The strip on the fore edge of the opening seems simple to replace, Tim at Irving & Lilley suggested removing a part of the main seal rubber to photograph, to enabe the section of the seal to be identified. I was reluctant to do this as it would have probably destroyed what sealing ability remains. However Tim has agreed to ask Nautor if they can identify the correct part.

Thanks again

Paul

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 1