Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan General - Swan 40 Air draft |
|---|
|
Join Date: 28 March 2010
Posts: 6 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Swan 40 Air draft I have Swan 40 number 9 (1971) that has a tall rig installed. Could someone tell me the number of feet from water level to the top of the mast for bridge clearance purposes. Thanks, Alan |
|
Join Date: 02 January 2008
Posts: 1547 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Alan The Swan 40 tall rig has an I-measurement of 51.0 ft, and then air draft is 55.3 ft without antennas. Kind regards Lars |
|
Join Date: 28 March 2010
Posts: 6 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Thanks Lars |
|
Join Date: 28 March 2010
Posts: 6 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Alan The Swan 40 tall rig has an I-measurement of 51.0 ft, and then air draft is 55.3 ft without antennas. Kind regards Lars Dear Professor, I have had correspondence with S&S and apparently they do not have a record of a tall rig for this design (1971 Swan 40, #9). Could you tell me if the tall rig, as designed, was a double spreader or single spreader rig? My boat is double spreader. I was wondering where on the mast to attach the baby stay. There is currently no fitting on the mast, but the original fitting on the deck is still there. Also, I was wondering if the dimensions for the storm trysail would be the same for both rigs? Lastly, do you know where I might get the sail plan for the tall rig given that S&S doesn’t have a record of it? Thank you very much, Alan |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0
