Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - Backstay adjuster Swan 57 ketch
29 January 2011 - 05:23

Backstay adjuster Swan 57 ketch

Dear all, & dear professor,

The port Mark 2 hydro tensionner which trim with the starboard one the permanent backstay of those 57 ketch is leaking from the pump axle. It looks like Rudy Krueger co who manufactured those tensionners does not exist anymore.

Does anyone could direct me (Lianda is currently inUSA) where I should go to have this pump renewed ( probably only an O ring or a gasket), or is there a better solution to trim the backstay, like a block at the top & only one side tensionner, considering that I would prefer though to keep Lianda as original as possible.

Best wishes

Marc

29 January 2011 - 18:01

Dear Marc

It is suggested you contact Ken Keefe  ken@kkmi.com

A few years ago he informed that there is a shop nearby, apparently a continuation of the Krueger Co, servicing and repairing these tensioners.

Kind regards

Lars

30 March 2011 - 01:36

Lars,

I also found a defective backstay hydraulic tensioners on Swan Lake - 57 Ketch and replaced both by Navtec turnbuckles, according to the Rigging Plan I obtained at S&S NYC. Could you please confirm this original specification?

Swan Lake is in fact one of three (I was told) 57 Ketch extented (60 ft - without boomkin).

Last January she had her 4th Horn Rounding and handled superbly even facing a 50 kts Sothwester closed hauled in the Beagle!

Regards,

Alberto

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2