Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan General - 411 saloon table and floorboards
03 May 2011 - 14:22

411 saloon table and floorboards
Hello again:

So, new gear - Swan also made me a saloon table, as my boat was without one when I bought her. My question putting this nice table aboard is this: since the table has a hole through it for the mast, it seems the table isn't going anywhere while the mast is in place. We are going to use thumbscrews of some sort to engage nuts or threaded plate recessed in the sole to hold the table down securely and prevent shifting, but what about access - how does the table come into play if I need to lift some of the sole pieces to get at wiring, etc? I realize this is possibly a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway - if you need to have someone lift the table up a foot or two to get the larger pieces of the sole out and up, I'm just looking for that kind of info.

Thanks as always, and Fair Winds,
Geoff
411 #41 Corazon

03 May 2011 - 17:40

Geoff, you have to undo the bolts each time you want access to anywhere below the table. From experence the table will move if not bolted down. 

John B

03 May 2011 - 18:58

John

I think the really stupid part of my question had to do with what I thought was a 'hole' for the mast.  Keep in mind I have not seen 'the' or even any, 411 table as yet.  While the table was being made, Nautors sent me an email regarding the 'hole' for the mast, so I thought there was actually a hole (and the table would be trapped then by the mast going through the hole - which now that I think about it would not have made much sense), but I just looked at a photo of the table from the Kiswala and see there is a cut out there, not a full hole, so the table is not trapped - sorry....and thanks,

Geoff

• Threads : 1707
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 1