Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - 38 - toilet and stove replacement
16 May 2011 - 22:46

38 - toilet and stove replacement
Dear all,
Baby Blake and ENO Diamant 439 (orange classic!) have to be replaced. Does anybody know about alternatives? Any suggestions are welcome!

Fair winds!
Gesa and Toni
toge 38/113

16 May 2011 - 23:29

Dear Gesa and Toni,

are you sure Baby Blakes toilet should be replaced...? Are the bronze in/out pumps OK or are them broken. If bronze hardware is OK you can buy spare parts kit (e.g. here: http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/) and overhaul it, not a difficult task, then you'll have a Baby Blakes ready to work for another 10/15 years...at least.

Speaking of the stove try the Techimpex (http://www.techimpex.net/2k9/), a quite good product, stainless steel, good price

Fair winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

17 May 2011 - 13:49

Dear Gesa and Toni,

I can support Matteos answer by 100%.

You can send your Baby Blake in Germany to Triton Water (info@triton-water.com). They can refurbish the Blake to like new. It is not worth to buy new cheap more plastic toilets with a lifetime of only a few years.

For the cooker the best way is to use the ENO cooker THE ONE (e.g. in Germany www.svb.de) He fits 100% into the existing holders. It is the sucessor of the original orange cooker unfortunately with only 2 flames. The 3 flames version is no longer available.

Fair winds

Jan

Kalliope 38/85

17 May 2011 - 14:31

Dear All,

concerning the stove, I have to tell you my Techimpex has two burners too, but even if I complained when I bought it, I must say I am now very happy. It is unlikely you to use three flames in one time, and as the cooking area is quite tiny it is better to have two instead of three. Even with Italian coffe machine (Bialetti) which I like so much, the small burner is just perfect!

Fair winds!

Matteo (38/067 Only You)

17 May 2011 - 23:06

Okay, Okay, Matteo, Jan, I honestly regret my question. Don't worry: the Baby Blake will stay! It was just a moment of fatigue: after a winter of dismantling the Blake, taking the bronze parts to the eastern end of town to be sand blasted, taking the chrome parts to the western end of town to be rechromed, picking up the sanded items to get them laminated again in a different place, ordering some minor - but hopelessly too expensive - spare parts, picking up all parts and put everything together again, be more than happy with the result, just seconds before... the bowl cracked. That was the moment when all Jabscos in the world seemed to be more attractive to me than this chromy, heavy, antique throne. Fortunately nobody in the forum had an alternative and now the weak moment has gone... Thank you !

Thanks very much, Matteo, Jan for the hint with the stove. It will be one of the two stoves you recommended.

Fair winds,

Toni (Toge/113)

18 May 2011 - 11:40

Toni,

I have had the same disaster with a cracked bowl. When you look into the Baby Blake manual it seems that this is not a problem because all sparepart are available. But not the round bowl which we need for our Swan 38. The help was coming from Aladdin Cave (www.aladdinscave.co.uk) a second hand yacht equipment chandler from UK. Four weeks after my help call to them I have had a like new round bowl on my bench.

Good luck

Jan

Kalliope 38/85

19 May 2011 - 23:38

It is going to be the SUPER BOWL! Thank you very much, Jan.

Toni (toge/113)

21 May 2011 - 14:00

Dear Toni,
Re: Techimpex cookers. I've recently purchased a 36 (021) and she came equipped with the TL2 model. I agree completely with Matteo. These are excellent great value stainless steel cookers with robust pan clamps well suited for cooking offshore. Their ovens are particularly good - they heat to the desired temperature quickly and the TL2 model comes equipped with a very useful temperature gauge. Many cookers don't include this feature. And they bake bread beautifully!

The TL2 Dimensions (W x D x H): in mm
500 x 435 x 465
Width Including Gimbals: mm
I hope this is helpful.

Best Regards & Fair Winds,

Brian.

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 2