Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)

S&S Swan Maintenance - Neco autopilot
22 May 2011 - 20:24

Neco autopilot

When turning the power on, the pilot holds the rudder in the current position, but does not respond to the dial on the controller. None of the fuses are broken. When pushing the contacts on the side of the relais the drive runs accordingly. If anyone recognize this problem and know if anything can be done, I would be grateful for any advice.

Oyvind, 411, no 035, "Veranita".

22 May 2011 - 21:23

We had a similar behavior with the Neco just recently. Switched on it would block the rudder, but it would not react when turning the button. We removed the motor and found that the cabling was in bad shape, and one of the cables was disconnected. After reconnecting it the motor worked again, but then it looks like we would need to overhaul the cabling, plus maybe other parts of the motor and the Neco, to feel safe. We will likely replace the Neco including the motor with a modern autopilot, assuming also that this would lower power consumption.

Christian
411/028 IF

23 May 2011 - 17:09

Hello Christian,

Thanks for a constructive sugestion. A loose cable can well be the problem in my case as well.

Oyvind

23 May 2011 - 21:41

The Neco will tend to put the rudder in the central position if the signal from the compass does not reach the Control Unit or the synchro transformer behind the main central knob is broken or disconnected.
I can help fixing the Neco and I suggest you contact me.

Daniel, 411/004

• Threads : 1706
  • Members: 821
  • Online Members: 0