Do you want to be informed on new Posts on this Thread? (members only)
| S&S Swan Maintenance - Garboard drain plug |
|---|
|
Join Date: 15 April 2011
Posts: 396 |
||
|---|---|---|
|
Garboard drain plug Hi all, My boat, Mabel's Casse Tete, Swan 43 hull 003 came to me with a badly installed garboard drainplug; e.g., hole substantially larger than the OD of the plug fitting and 5200 used as filling material. So, I have a hole at the low point of my bilge, which has come in handy, but I will not reinstall the drain plug I have; it's a cheaper model that has a realatively small flange and the head sticks out 3/8 inch. The best I have seen is the Buck Algonquin garboard drain plug. http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/plug-drain-1.00-pl-brz-1-socket-wrench-type-103383-/4,2236.html Does anyone have thoughts about: garboard drain plugs in general; which one is best; and safe installation? Thanks, Chris |
- Threads : 1804
- Posts : 10761
- Members: 862
- Online Members: 0
